Wednesday 22 December 2010

Steam Sales - Wednesday 22nd

Okay, so we have a new set of sales today. I'm not as overwhelmed today as I was yesterday, but I think that's mostly down to having owned most of the games that are on sale already. Despite that, there are some very good choices. Here is my top 5 list for today :

Top 5 List:

1. At the top it's got to be Burnout : Paradise. You're getting a highly polished for £3.75, so really...there isn't much to complain about. The game has been around for a while and the multiplayer is mostly dead, but the format of the game (which is a combination of free roam and 'sprint' racing) makes it a must have.

2. Coming in second is The Witcher. Being a highly acclaimed game, with practically every award under the sun, it would be stupid not to pick it up for £3.25. It's not made by Bethesda, which means we should get a completely different feel to most of the other major RPG's that are currently floating around on the market. A proper review will follow in the New Year.

3. Defense Grid : The Awakening is one of those games that turned popular flash 'tower defense' into a wonderful mainstream 3D marvel. It's been on sale before, but that's no reason to pick up a copy if you haven't already got it.

4. Coming fourth on my list is Bioshock 2. When this came out, I was really anticipating a game which was roughly on the same lines and calibre of the original. I quickly found that it wasn't, and truth be told, I was a bit disappointed. Despite that, at £6.99 you can't really go wrong. It's worth getting it just to find out for yourself how much you prefer Bioshock.

5. Coming up last, but by no means least, is The Polynomial. I was a bit torn on this one, simply because I couldn't decide whether the new Lara Croft is actually a good game or not. I decided not to put it on my list simply because it doesn't hold true to what Lara Croft games are really about, and that's big tits and big guns. There's a strange American Indian and you have to work together? No...that's really not Lara Croft. So, instead of that, I've opted for The Polynomial. It doesn't really have an aim as a such. You just listen to some music and fly around trying to shoot little round monsters which are gobbling up your colourful alien friends. It's fairly mindless and is a nice way to relax. (Maybe something more for the "laaaydies")


Tags : Steam, Sales, Christmas, Burnout : Paradise, Lara Croft, The Polynomial, Defense Grid, The Witcher, Bioshock 2

No comments: