Wednesday 10 February 2010

Something I didn't know about Google Chrome

I've been using Google Chrome now for quite a while. since I originally downloaded it, Chrome has quickly found it's way to my nerdy heart...and boy have I been rewarded. Although Chrome was amazing when I started using it, there were a few faults. Firstly, there was a lack of add-on support, and secondly, I never quite knew why it sometimes used so many resources. The former was eventually included as a feature ,and I must say that with that feature in particular it beats Firefox hands down. I personally have never had issues with the latter on my desktop, however on my Netbook I am constantly aware of system performance and resources usage. I have never had a problem running Chrome on any of my PC's (that's including my Netbook), but sometimes it's nice to know how the resources are being used.

So, as I was reading about some Google Chrome shortcuts, I came across the "Shift + Esc" shortcut. If you press that, the Google Chrome Task Manager pops up. It's actually a very useful little gimmick. It tells you how much RAM, CPU and Bandwidth is being used by all your open tabs, the browser itself, and all the add-ons. This is handy if you ever need to troubleshoot some performance issues or want to squeeze as much speed out of Chrome as you possible can.

I'm also becoming increasingly fond of the F11 shortcut, which puts Chrome into full screen mode. This is nice if you want to browse without the clutter around.

Final Thought Byte : I never cease to be amazed by Google's innovation. I strongly recommend looking at their list of shortcuts because you'll never know what you'll find.

Tags : Google, Chrome, Task Manager, Firefox, Internet

No comments: